Saturday, November 17, 2018

Focus group with intended target audience


1. What's your favourite kind of music genre?
Person one: R&B music.
Person two: I like a lot of music genres, but have recently taken a large interest in rap music.
Person three: Pop, Indie, R&B and occasionally K-POP.

2.  What other category of music genres do you listen to?
Person one: Hip-hop, Pop, and Reggae.
Person two: R&B
Person three: Grime and pop.

3. Who is your favourite artist?
Person one: Chris Brown
Person two: Joji
Person three: Drake

4.What variety of artists do you listen to and why? 
Person one: xxxenaction and drake, because their music relates to how I feel a lot.
Person two: Beyoncé, Little Mix, Zayn Malik and AJ Tracey, because I'm just into their music.
Person two: Chris Brown, Pia Mia, Yxng bane and Kojo Funds because they make good music.

5. Do you think you're easily influenced by other people's choice in music?
Person one: Yeah, especially friends.
Person two: No, I prefer to listen to something closely by my own choice and personal taste.
Person three: Yes, I have an open mind. 

6.Is there any particular genre you would never read a magazine around?
Person one: I don't like heavy metal, rock & roll kind of magazines, it's not my style.
Person two: Country magazines or anything with genres I don't listen to.
Person three: If it's interesting, I'll read just about anything.

7.Have you ever purchased a magazine beforehand and when?
Person one: Yes, it was an art magazine.
Person two: No, I have not.
Person three: Yes, I have in the past but I'm not certain about what it was.

8.Do you enjoy reading and how often do you do it? 
Person one: I do read often, at least once a week in my own personal free time.
Person two: I normally don't read that much, only when it's required from me to do.
Person three: I read everyday. I have a set novel for each month.

9.In your own personal opinion, do you’d be influenced to listen to certain music or artists after reading more about them?
Person one: No, I'd have to personally listen to them with my own ears.


Person two: Possibly, because I have a feeling I'd be intrigued to listen to them after reading much about the.

Person three: Most likely, as I keep an open mind about my interest in music.

10.Are there any certain types of symbols that you would relate to music?
Person one: Not necessarily a symbol, but more of a phrase "Music Mondays."
Person two: A metronome.
Person three: Musical notes really. 

11.Do you enjoy reading about any shocking music industry scandals? 
Person one: I like to read about all sorts of scandals.
Person two: If it's interesting, yes.
Person three: Yes, it's free entertainment. 

12.Are you a fan of photography, so appreciate images more than a usual person would?
Person one: I am a huge fan of photography so would appreciate the details of images taken.
Person two: I don't really care for the detail of photography, but if it looks nice then it's better than a blurry image.
Person three: Not really, but I would appreciate a clear, hd image.

13. What genre of music do you completely resent or never listen to?
Person one: Heavy metal.
Person two: Country music.
Person three: Classic and Opera music.

14. Is there a certain artist you've heard before and don't appreciate their style of singing?
Person one: The Beatles.
Person two: Katy Perry.
Person three: Pink, because it’s not singing it’s shouting to my ears.

15. Are you aware of what charting music is and do you keep up to date with it?
Person one: No, I am not aware.
Person two: Yes, and if I think anything is interesting I'll have a look but not really.
Person three: I am, but no I don't.












No comments:

Post a Comment